1953 Willys CJ-3B

Todd sent us his 1953 Willys CJ-3B to be restored. This started a s a very clean, largely original “B” in primer paint with some odd 70’s chevy blazer seats. The Jeep ran decent, didnt smoke or knock. We tore the jeap down to the frame, rebuilt the axles, added disk brakes up front. painted and detailed the frame with new bushings and shackles on the springs. The motor ran pretty well, so no reason to rebuild it. We cleaned and painted the block, rebuilt the carb, all new gaskets, a new exhaust, a new clutch on resurfaced flywheel, and reseal and new fluids on the transmission and transfer case. The body required very little rust repair to get right. It was sprayed in 67 Julip Mint Metallic, the inside and under side were bedlined in matching color.  Once the tub was back on the frame, we painted the wheels Dove grey, installed new tires and had to use a wheel spacer 1.25″ to clear the disk brake conversion. A modern “micro fuse” fuse box and HD wire harness was installed along with new gauges, new parking brake parts, a host of other new bits for the inside and to wrap it up a new steering wheel.  The original seat frames had been cut up for the blazer seats. The owner like how they felt, so we re-upholstered them in Grey “sunbrella” type material, Rounding off the corners of the seats to give them a more vintage look. A new replacement CJ rear seat was also upholstered to match with chrome “aircraft” style seat belts in grey.  There was obviously lots more work than I listed. However thats the main parts. This was a super fun build and I loved loved loved every test drive mile! the thumbs up and smiles this jeep brings is well worth the work. Thanks again Todd for allowing the Farm and crew to bring this old girl back to life. 

1979 Cherokee Chief

Andrew brought us his mothers 79 Cherokee Chief to us for some work. His mother passed away and left him the family jeep he grew up in. It had been wrecked in the front when she slid off the driveway trying to avoid him and hit a tree.  We sourced a new drivers fender, radiator support and other parts and repainted them to match the rest of the Jeep. We buffed out the badly faded paint to “like new” shine and repainted all the black details. A set of new “Chief” graphics a windshield, a stripped and polished bumper, and some small details were added to wrap up the outside.  The original engine ran good with some coaxing back to life.  We added a Howell Fuel Injection, Davis distributor, recharged the A/C system and added a Magnaflow exhaust.. Once it ran and drove good, we turned our attention to the interior and underside.  New Deaver 2.5″ lift kit was installed with our own shackle reversal system. All new brake lines, brakes, freshened axles and more! A set of 33×12.50×15 BFG muds were put onto the original wheels that we had powder coated.  Inside we added new carpet and full weather strip kit to freshen up the largely original interior.  This was a great build. I love working with largely original Jeeps.  We were able to match the paint and repair the front end damage, and with the lift, tires and exhaust it was a great cruiser! Listening to the original AM/FM radio while piloting a bright orange chief…..is well….. what its all about!  Living the Jeep life! and tons of thumbs up, everywhere you go.  Andrew, thanks for the business, I hope you and your “new” growing family will enjoy the jeep for years to come.